Sunday, April 12, 2009

Nokia's Linux devices

Linuxdevices.com has nice article, where speculation of forthcoming Linux devices is running wild. I surely would like to receive official confirmation from Nokia that they will power future smartphones with Linux, rather than Symbian. There are so many reasons for this, but mainly I am sick and tired of my E71's which are limited by Symbian.

In theory I could use my E71 for various tasks, but I end up booting my laptop time after time to have manageable user experience. This includes emailing (gpg support), ssh terminals, calendars and other (mainly google) serv ices.

Comparing Google's and Nokia's services is also something Nokia should do internally. I just cannot understand why Nokia is incabable to deliver experiences which Google can. Think about it and you see 5 eyes reason, probabaly.

No comments: