Friday, June 19, 2015

Toughpad FZ-M1



I've been tuned my Toughpad for a week now and it seems to work nicely with Ubuntu 15.04. I decided to expand a bit of those scrollbars, font sizes and Firefox buttons - just to make it more handy to use with touch.

While this model I have is based on Intel® Celeron™ N2807, it's a bit slow going but runs on battery for few hours easily. I will try to check out exact figures later on. 
 
To summarize what I've got in this combo so far;
  • FZ-M1 tablet with Intel® Celeron™ N2807 
  • 2 GB RAM and 128 GB of SSD 
  • Ubuntu 15.04 (AMD64)
  • Integrated 3G/LTE modem, Sierra Wireless EM7305 [works]
  • Multi touch screen [works]
  • Audio, also 3.5mm HF audio w/ microphone [works]
  • Screen brightness control [works]
  • iKey ruggerd keyboard 
  • Integrated LAN port (option for FZ-M1) [works]
  • Bluetooth [works]
So I would say that this is hands down best Linux tablet experience so far. My main goal is to introduce this into one project shortly, but until that this serves my mobile computing platform while on move. 
 
 

No comments: