Thursday, December 22, 2011

Panasonic CF-F9

After evaluating couple of weeks which laptop should I get to replace and relief my Thinkpad EDGE - I got totally lost. I got excited about ASUS X31 but after reading troubles with Linux on that, gave up an idea of getting it. Then I checked out multiple HP's and Lenovo models, but they were all taking forever to buy.

While been loyal user of Toughbook family, I have kept distance to latest models lately. But after evaluating possibilities, I came across two models: CF-53 or CF-F9. 53 was a bit bulky for me, so I ordered CF-F9. What I like about here in Finland is Toughbook distributor. They ship immediately and I got F9 in my hands in couple of hours. Learn that Lenovo.

But best was yet to come. I put ubuntu 11.10 alternative in for my F9 and world was open. With zero boot to windows I was already enjoying fully featured development machine with my home directory untarred in place. Learn that Windows.

This computer is part of our high security approach to few governmental projects and no skype is allowed here. XMPP rocks and disk crypto keeps mind rested while traveling. Learn that.

No comments: