Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ubuntu experiments in dynamic world

I don't know how I have manage always to get into constant state of change. Now I have found myself in changing mobile computer once again, due the fact that my HP6710 has become so precisions that I have to leave it home when departing.

I acquired new Panasonic CF-W7 laptop and installed ubuntu from scratch. I tarred my project directories, thunderbird and gpg keys. And I am on the run.

I just wonder, if I have to do this with windows, I could spend days to installing that Office and other proprietary softwares and struggle with activation/registration nightmare. Now I have platform with all necessary capabilities in base system and user data and some minor applications needs to be installed before switch.

See you, Microsoft.

No comments: